Wednesday, January 13, 2010

This one won't die on you... I promise.

It's a Goldfish!!! And I LOVE HIM!!

He's handpainted with amazing 100% wool felt hand sewn (of course). It kills me to cut into this felt it is so beautiful. But he is totally worth it!
He's for one of my small friends. I hope he likes him...he apparently likes fish... If not I may steal him back and hope he doesn't remember...because some day he will be bigger than me! (the boy not the fish)

I am already working on another one... who knows where it will go... maybe in the shop?!

7 comments:

Mary A. said...

Very cool, nice job!

joansgoodlife said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE it! You did an amazing job! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him. He is so....flow-y. I'm sure that is not a word but the fish just looks like it's in water, it's fins are flowing. You did a great job! Good thing I don't live near you because that one I would definitely have to "borrow" for a long time! (he-he)

jennifer parrish said...

you are sooo aaaahhh-mazing! I am positively whose-a-hivly in love with all your felt creations! Is that some of the yummy wool felt from here that your mom brought you? You really really inspire me:)

kms handmade said...

Cool! I like how you put the scales down at the bottom only. He's a very pretty fish!

Adrienne said...

You are crazy-ridiculous, you know that? Amazing fish! I like the combination of the painting and the felt and such, it makes for a really visually and texturally interesting finished product. Love it!

Corinnea said...

Jessica, I have nominated you for the Lemonade Stand award. Please do not feel obligated to participate.....

Kara Forristall said...

I can't believe I never checked out your blog or shop until now. I mean, wow, you're super amazing! I'm in love with this! Now I understand why you blog is named as such. ah, and btw, thank you for the animal onesies you made, I had a hard time believing they were hand painted, freezer paper, what a great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...