Saturday, January 24, 2009

Showing you the rest of the sneak peek

This is what I gave a sneak peek of a while back. It is an organizer with my moms new logo on it... of course I embellished it just a little.

I've been enjoying playing with felt. There is really just so much that you can do with it.

Originally the initials and tree were going to be painted on... but then I decided hey why not just embroider them... yeah it was a little crazy. I worked on it over Christmas (while playing cards) and on the 8 hour drive back from NC and for the next 2-3 weeks at night while listening to Brisinger (which was an awesome book by the way)

I really dig how it turned out... I was a little worried... the whole time
The birds are completely pieced ... I dont think you can see that as well as I was hoping.

The nest is two different layers of felt with the top layer cut so the bottom lighter layer can show through

Hopefully mum will take some better pictures then I was able to get. Hope you all are having a good weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Corinnea - you need to bring it in so we can see it for real!

Corinnea said...

I am going to bring it back! It is even better in person!!!

Joan's Good Life said...

Absolutely incredible! Superb eye for detail! Meticulous hand crafting! My goodness Jessica, I'm so glad I was able to retrain myself from killing you ! LOL! This work is truly impressive sweetie!

kms handmade said...

I'm breathless! This is really amazing! Your pictures are great. I can see all the details. And it's just so incredible!

Jennifer said...

I'm writing my congressman right now! There should be a law against this much talent:) stop it! you're putting the rest of us to shame. It doesn't look handmade at all. it's soooo gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...