Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Garland

It's been on my to do list to finish my Christmas garland ... and after a few weeks I can finally say it's complete!
Ridiculous right? I have no idea why I did this... it's just been in my head for a while... goodness knows I don't really have the time!
It took 4.5 yards of 3 different green colors and 1 yard of 2 different brown colors of yummy mixed wool felt, plus 2 yards of velvet ribbon to make this (roughly) 9ft long garland.... oh and brown grosgrain not sure how much of that but a 12 yard spool still has plenty left on it!
I know I made a bunch of the pine cones last year but I couldn't for the life of me get them to come out the same way... I wish I could remember I looked for a tutorial too but no one seems to be saying how they make them! They are fun to make but I was getting frustrated because I couldn't get any of them to go together the same way! If I figure it out I will try and draw something out to at least give people the gist.
I think this is going to be my new thing to have a really fun garland for every holiday- I already have valentines day done ... now I just have to get started on all of the rest of them... hahaha

8 comments:

kms handmade said...

OH WOW!!!! That's awesome!!! So gorgeous!

Jessica P. said...

THREE post's in a row WOW!!!! And the garland is awesome...ha!

Jennifer said...

garlands are fun! How's this one put together? It looks so thick.

sherie lee said...

I wanna know how you did this one too, so pretty, i want to make one!

Mary A said...

Wow, that's soooo cool! I can't believe you made that, it must have take forever. FYI, all posts must end with a baby picture =)

Corinnea said...

The garland is awesome! And even though I see him, I too think all posts must end with a baby picture!

Piper said...

I know I'm chiming in six months later, but any chance you might give us a tiny clue how you achieved this fabulous look? It turned out gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I'm chiming in four years later... would you please share how you achieved the fullness of the leaf garland. Were leaves in different lengths to achieve the layered look or did you use beads in-between. Would love a tutorial. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...