Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm a copy cat

That's right I was so jealous of Mum recovering chairs that I decided I had to do some of my own... not really... well sort of... 
I had my over sized living room chairs up on craigslist for the last few months. It really hurt to sell them (especially at the ridiculously low price I ended up getting) but we really needed the floor space the old chairs were 35"x35" and the only time they are sat on is when company comes over = not that often (which is funny because we have been having loads of company over recently). I actually had found replacements I wanted on craigslist but I (to make a long story short) made myself wait until I had the others sold before I could buy anything else... and of course the other chairs after being up for weeks sold the day I called : ( 
So plan B I had seen these puppies at Costco but they wanted $180 for them... which is a lot considering I was going to rip them apart and I wanted the entire bill for the new chairs to be covered by the ones I sold. So after getting the no go on the others Uber and I decided we would just go check out these at Costco again and as luck would have it they had clearanced them down to $130 - SO MUCH BETTER!- and these new ones are 25"x24" big difference! Micah now has a lot more floor space to spread his gooey fingers on. 

So as I mentioned earlier I got them home and unboxed and immediately started them ripping (literally) apart. Because this fabric is just not my thing and I am really trying to get more color and pattern into our house. 


 I recovered them in Anna Maria Horners old Drawing Room line Nouveau Bouquet in Teal. I had bought a few yards of this a couple of years back for under $5 a yard and mailed it to Mum to make me a dress thank goodness she said it was too heavy weight so it has sat in her cupboard until recently when I realized it matches my house perfectly.
 I am so totally in love with them. And as most people know this is sort of bold pattern is definitely not my usual style but staying home makes you re-access your surroundings. I used to want it to be calm and quiet because I spent all day out in loud spaces but now I want my house to be fun and a little more loud.
I was very sure I had a more recent before picture somewhere on the blog already... oh well since I don't have time to locate one at the moment here is an old one that shows the chairs.
and here it is today
***this wasn't supposed to go up today but what ever here it is... getting so fed up with blogger...***

7 comments:

Isisjem said...

Oh WOW! Love the new chairs! That material makes such a huge difference. Over here you probably would struggle to sell them at the original price. Now you've recovered them they'd cost hundreds of pounds each. They're the sort of one off things they put in room sets in magazines of Sunday supplements over here that you "oooooh" at until you see the price!They look great in your room!

Adrienne said...

LOVE this! It looks amazing! I'm so jealous of your recovering skills. :)

Norma's Nonsense said...

That is a great, new look for your living room... love it..

Corinnea said...

LOVE them. Lots.

kms handmade said...

Really nice! I love the fabric on the chairs, and that green table between them. You room looks great!

Rhonda said...

Opens up your living room. Love the print.

Jennifer said...

Loooove them! They look so professional and prefect. They scream YOU! Teh other fabric was non-descript-blah. But now they are really unique and awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...